Does South Korean Rapper PSY Hate America?
PSY has been taking over America with his surprise smash hit “Gangnam Style” but there’s new information on the South Korean pop star that will soon change his popularity among U.S. fans.
It turns out PSY has been involved in several anti-American protest performances. According to Mediaite.com he smashed a model U.S. tank while onstage in 2002 to oppose 37,000 U.S. troops that descended on the Korean Peninsula.
A few years later, PSY cursed Americans after a South Korean missionary was executed. His song “Dear American” sets the record straight.
“Kill those f***ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives/Kill those f***ing Yankees who ordered them to torture/Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers/Kill them all slowly and painfully,” he raps.
PSY is slated to perform for President Obama for a Christmas In Washington special to air on TNT Friday, December 21. As a result, a petition to rescind his invitation has been created by outraged Americans for his anti-American song lyrics.
Looks like PSY’s 15-minutes of fame are just about over.
PSY has released a statement through his publicist Matthew Hiltzik apologizing for the words used in his song “Dear American.”
“As a proud South Korean who was educated in the United States and lived there for a very significant part of my life, I understand the sacrifices American servicemen and women have made to protect freedom and democracy in my country and around the world,” said Psy in a statement.”
Read PSY’s full statement HERE.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More Music News:
- T.I. Jumps on Jeremih’s ‘Don’t Tell Em’ for Remix: Listen
- Riff Raff Slams Sam Smith for Cropping Him Out of VMAs Photo: ‘Your Face is Super Huge’
- Diplo Debuts Jack U’s ‘Take U There’ with Kiesza Live at Mad Decent Block Party: Listen
- Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani Duet on New Song ‘My Heart is Open': Listen
- Watch Ed Sheeran Spoof the Musical ‘Annie’ Dressed As Little Orphan Annie
- Miley Cyrus’ Homeless VMAs Date Turns Himself in to Jail, Posts Bail